Dear (SUPERVISOR’S NAME HERE):
In an effort to perform at my best, I’d like to request something that can help boost my health and productivity.
Specifically, I’m asking to have a standing desk installed in my workspace. While this may seem at first like a luxury or a “like to have,” it is actually an investment that will pay measurable dividends to our organization.
Overall, in the US, wellness initiatives like standing desks help reduce lost work days by up to 80%, modified-duty days by up to 64%, workers compensation claims by up to 50%, and ultimately every dollar invested can yield a $6 return on investment. As you can see, there’s a good reason that progressive companies around the world are seeing significant ROI by installing standing desks.
Following is a list of highlights why I believe myself (as well as my coworkers) should have access to this forward-thinking office technology:
- Standing desks boost productivity.
- They help promote collaboration.
- Standing desks may help fight obesity, high blood sugar, and high cholesterol.
- They may help reduce the risk of cancer in both women and men.
- Studies suggest standing desks may help reduce the likelihood of type 2 diabetes.
- Standing while you work may prevent a wide variety of pain and spine issues, including slipped discs.
- Studies have shown a direct correlation between sitting for long periods and symptoms of depression, psychological distress, as well as a lower sense of well-being.
Depending on our budget and existing furniture, we have the option of choosing a low cost “converter” that would make use of my existing desk, or one of many stand-alone products in various sizes and styles.
Personally, I feel that (MODEL NAME/SIZE HERE) would best suit my needs. It can be found here: (LINK TO PRODUCT PAGE).
If you would like to see the complete range of products that Stand Up Desk Store offers, it can be found here: https://www.standupdeskstore.com. You can also speak directly to their product experts either by visiting https://www.standupdeskstore.com/contact-us or calling (855) 843-7920.
Thank you for your time and attention, and letting me “stand up” for my health!
(EMPLOYEE’S NAME HERE)